Motorcycle Roadcraft is the police handbook for rider training, used by all the emergency services and a key reference for all riding instructors. It’s essential reading if you want to develop your riding ability and safety to a more advanced level.
The new edition has been revised, updated and redesigned to include best practice in police riding. It’s been guided by a working group of experienced instructors from the police and other emergency services, who have consulted widely with civilian and academic experts.
Motorcycle Roadcraft is packed with:
- tips and techniques to help you reduce the risks that all riders face from the actions of other road users
- advice on managing the personal tendencies, states of mind, emotions and sources of stress that could put you at risk even before you get on your machine
- updated information on techniques for corning safely
- comprehensive explanations and advice to raise your riding abilities to a new level
- eco-riding tips to reduce your fuel consumption
- lively full colour illustrations and diagrams to explain the key principles and techniques for better riding.
The new edition features:
- new chapters on slow speed manoeuvring and emergency response riding
- learning points clearly set out for individual learning of formal instruction
- self-assessment questions throughout to help you improve your riding safety.